DISCOVER THE HEART OF COSTA RICA'S OSA PENINSULA.
LODGING AND MEALS, due to Ecoturístico La Tarde's remote location, we provide our guests with an all-inclusive experience. Whether backpacking through Central America or taking a family vacation we will provide you with overnight lodging and meals to accommodate your personal or family's needs.
THE DORMITORY $80 per night, per person • Meals, linens, and 13% IVA included.
The dormitory is a large building divided into 4 rooms with a total of 10 bunk beds (accommodating 20 guests). It is perfect for
solo travelers, hikers, groups and students. The dormitory has shared restrooms and showers accessible just off the main room.
CABINS AND TENT CABINS $85 per night, per person • Meals, linens, and 13% IVA included.
Our cabin and tent cabins are spaced throughout the grounds, on raised platforms. Our cabins and tent cabins are ideal for couples or families looking for more privacy. Each cabin and tent cabin has a private bathroom (shower and restroom) a private covered porch, offering guests privacy and a place to relax and enjoy the mountain views.
THREE MEALS A DAY are included and served our central dining pavilion. Local Costa Rican's exquisitely prepare traditional, Costa Rican meals with local produce, eggs and locally made products. Drinkable water and juices are also served with each meal. Boxed lunches can be requested for tours and hikes. If you have any dietary restrictions please let us know prior to your arrival.
VISITING LA TARDE FOR THE DAY? Everyone is welcome! Visitors are welcome to come and join us for any of the hiking tours and/or meals. Please contact us before your planned arrival so we can make the needed preparations.
LODGING Rates for Children
- Children under 3 years old are free.
- Children 3 to 5 years old pay 50% of the rate for lodging and meals.
- Children 6 to 11 years old pay 75% of the rate for lodging and meals.
GETTING TO LA TARDE
Depending on schedules and budgets there are several easy options to get to La Tarde.
RENTING A CAR IN COSTA RICA
A great options when looking to explore the Osa Peninsula is renting a car. Rental cars are available in both San José and Puerto Jiménez. Having a rental car provides guests with the flexibility to venture out and see more of the Peninsula. It is STRONGLY advised to rent a 4x4 vehicle because many of the roads on the Peninsula are not paved and do not have bridges.
TAKING THE BUS
The most economical way to get to Ecoturístico La Tarde is taking a bus but does require advance planning. Guests arriving by buss will need to arrange a taxi from La Palma to La Tarde. If you need bus schedules or any other information, do not hesitate to contact us. The following bus routes are available:
- SAN JOSE TO PUERTO JIMENEZ - Departs 8 am and 12 pm daily. Exit the bus in La Palma (25 km before Puerto Jiménez).
- PUERTO JIMÉNEZ TO LA PALMA
- DRAKE BAY TO LA PALMA
4x4 PRIVATE SHUTTLEs
La Tarde offers 4x4 private shuttles to and from most destinations on the Peninsula. Price is per each way and varies by number of people. Each shuttle can carry 4 to 9 passengers.
- Puerto Jiménez – La Tarde: $80 - 2-3 people • $90 - 4 people / $100 5-9 people
- La Palma – La Tarde: $30 2-3 people • $40 - 4 people • $50 - 5-9 people
- La Tarde – Los Patos $80 2-3 people • $90 4 people • $100 / 5-9 people (December to April Only)
- Shuttles are also offered to Drake Bay and/or Carate for more information please contact us.
Reservations, Modifications and Cancellations
- When a reservation is requested you will be sent your "Reservation Details". Please verify all the information before making your deposit.
- A 50% deposit is required to guarantee reservation.
- The remaining balance is due at the time of arrival.
- Guests are welcome to make the full payment at any time.
- By making any deposit you agree to our cancellation policies.
- PAYPAL: An invoice will be sent via email with the amount to be paid and the link to make the payment. When paying with PayPal 4.4% will be added to cover PayPal fees.
- WIRE TRANSFER OR BANK DEPOSIT*: Bank account information will be provided via email. *Bank fees may apply. Extra fees for money transfers from abroad must be covered by the client. Any difference between the amount recieved and your visit total must be paid upon arrival.
- CASH: Is the only method of payment available once you arrive at La Tarde. Guests are recommended to bring cash to pay for any additional hikes and/or tips during their visit.
- CREDIT CARDS: Due to Ecoturístico La Tarde being off-grid there is no credit card system available.
- Refunds outside of Costa Rica will be made through PayPal.
- Once services are given, there are no refunds.
- Date changes can be made without charge with 15 days advance notification (subject to availability). Please contact us via email to make any changes to your reservation.
- In the event of a natural disaster, emergency or situations beyond our control, La Tarde reserves the right to cancel reservations without previous notification. In these cases, your reservation can be rescheduled or your deposit will be refunded.
- Ecoturístico La Tarde is not responsible for additional expenses incurred due to cancellations caused by situations beyond our control.
- Cancellations are to be made via email.
- 30 days prior to the arrival date a full refund of the deposit will be issued.
- 15 to 29 days prior to the arrival date, 25% of the deposit will be issued.
- 14 days or less prior to arrival date, deposit refunds will not be issued.
- If the reservation has been paid in full, cancellations 15 days or more prior to the arrival date will receive a refund of 50% of the deposit. Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the arrival date will not receive refund.